Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Veronika Decides to Die/I am Number Four

I haven’t finished IT, and I already lend it to someone because lately, I am feeling lazy don’t have much time to read. I also bought two new books over the weekend, and of course, I will talk about it.

Read on!

Veronika Decides to Die By Paulo Coehlo

I know I own too many Paulo Coelho books already but I just can’t help it. It also upsets me that this book is too popular and I haven’t read it. I also read on Wiki that this book has an adaptation where Sarah Michelle Gellar played Veronika. You can finish the book in one sitting however I don’t want to do that. Haha! Lately, all I want to do was to make sure that I will finish a book a week. Books may get pretty expensive, and Paulo Coelho books are not on book sale.

The book is about a girl who commits suicide, which failed. Then because of the pills that she took, her heart went weak to the point that she will die in five to seven days. I am already in the middle of the book, and to my surprise, it doesn’t talk much about Veronika. Yeah, she may be the lead of the book but the general idea revolves not only on her but with the other people she met at an asylum.

The Book deals about insanity, craziness, and doing something out of your comfort zone. It also talks about death in a very different way. You have to read the book to figure out what I am trying to say here.

I Am Number Four By Pittacus Lore

I am really not fond of books being turned into movie. Movies are sometimes deceiving; sometimes they just remove the important parts of a novel.

However, when I saw this movie l was pretty much intrigue with the idea. Aliens killing another alien in an order – that is pretty weird, right? The movie doesn’t explain much behind the story of Number Four and his clan. All it said was Number Four was from some planet that was invaded by Aliens who looks disgusting and they are now being hunted here. Number Four, together with Number Six, will definitely fight their enemies. Their next mission will be finding the remaining “numbers” in order to be stronger.

Pretty Interesting book I may say.

There you go. Two new books for two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment