Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Six Paths of Pain

Six Paths of Pain

I was fourteen when I first experienced tooth extraction. There was this molar that kept hurting for the past weeks, and since my mom was afraid that I will turn into a pain reliever addict, she insisted that I have it checked. No, she forced me. So after thirty minutes of listening to Regine V. and staring at little angels in the pink-theme clinic, I saw the swollen molar on the metal plate. The gay Doctor told my mom that the extraction process was tough because the molar was already swollen, sometimes he even ask his patients to wait for the swelling to stop before doing something on it, but since I have a great resistance to pain, he proceed.
Now, I am thinking whether my resistance to pain is really something I can be proud of. I know that I experienced a lot of painful things in my life before, and I will be honest when I say that I rarely cry unless it will be something that will really hurt so bad, but in due time, I find myself smiling again. Though I know that the pain is still there, I find ways to make myself feel better in spite of all the nasty things happening around me.
Screw me for never taking things seriously. LOL When my parents separated, my cousins ask me how I felt and I told them, "Its better that they are no longer together, at least, I will not see them fight when they are with each other." When I shifted courses, and my classmates from accountancy inquired about how I was coping, I remember telling them, "its better shifting courses because at least, I can find time to work while studying." In all my failed relationships, after some time of contemplating and feeling bitter, I catch myself telling myself, "don't worry, the next one will be better." I always find something to be happy in all the unpleasant things happening around me.
I will never say that my resistance to pain is great. But I will say that learning to live with pain has been my advantage. Once you've considered pain as your friend, something will motivate you to never go through the same painful process again. Pain will remind you that if certain stuff screw up, you are stronger than you think and in cases you would make the same mistakes again, Pain will teach you how to move on. The power of pain taught me to be more cautious.
I am still vulnerable though. And until now, I just go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. But I guess I am no longer scared, because I know I've been thru worst before.

6 comments:

  1. We befriend pain inasmuch as we do with death - we just have to live with them kike hanging time bombs on our heads... :) Here's to hurting 'till it hurts no more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama, Kaloy. Minsan since we know how the pain felt, it is okay to go through it over and over again. Worst, we just get numb. :D

      I am not sure whether it is a good thing though

      Delete
  2. well thats the way is it, things happen for a reason,it's either to be down and regret things forever or move on and live with it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely. I will go with move on and live with it. :D

      Delete
  3. Best post thus far. So very nice to read something like this from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maraming salamat, Addie. Kinikilih naman ako sa sinabi mo. lols

      Delete