Who would have thought that 2012 will end in three days? If you are still reading this, let us all celebrate that the Mayans screw up. Haha.
If there is one thing that really made me so happy this past year, without a single hesitation, it is the books that I’ve read. Books have been my company most of the time. I am thankful that this page never turned into a book blog. I am grateful for friends who motivated me to read. For people who suggested good titles. And specially to PM who shared this madness with me. :D
So before we move to a different year, let me share you the 12 Best Books that I’ve read this year. And I never thought it will be this tough. I finished 37 books, and it is tough sorting them. For more boring stuff, please click the link. :D
In no particular order:
1. Para Kay B – I guess this is the only Filipino Book that made the list. I admire its originality. Definitely, its ending is something you have to get ready for.
2. The Rise of Nine – People might think that I am just placing it here because I am a big Lorien Legacies fan. However, if you are following the life of Four, you will know that this baby here is the best one thus far. It is exciting. It has richer plots. It doesn’t talk much about love, lols. There are a lot of things happening, and a book with a lot of things happening will always be on top of my list.
3. The Book Thief – One of my favorite books for 2012. As PM said, every book lover must read this one.
4. Catching Fire – Reading the Hunger Games Trilogy one book after another really made me realize that this is really the best one out of the three. Well, Book One was okay. Book Three slightly bored me.
5. Fifty Shades Darker – Come to think of it, I am getting too into trilogies. LOLs. Like Catching Fire, this one is the best of the three books. It is sexier. It is more interesting. And definitely, Christian Grey here is on fire. :D
6. The Perks of Being A Wallflower – You will love a book because of what it does to you. When I finished this earlier this year. I remember going immediately out of the building just to smoke. This one is too intense. Its too depressingly good. :D
7. Kafka on The Shore – My first Murakami book. It was a challenge reading this one but it was so awesome that you have to find ways to get to understand it. Murakami’s words were so fluid. This book is epic.
8. Norwegian Wood – This is the Favorite Book of 2012. Haha. I never anticipated that I will fall in love with this. I love Midori. I love the scene with the umbrella in the rain. I love its words. Oh my, I will definitely re-read this one. Probably, a hundred more times.
9. Battle Royale – Maybe this was the reason why I never loved The Hunger Games. Since this was written way before the latter was published, I appreciated how different and bloody this book is. Once you read this, The Hunger Games will be nothing. Oh my, I don’t have a link for this. LOLS. :D
10. The Catcher in the Rye – I am placing this on my list because of Holden. Holden and his little sister will always be amazing. :D
11. Water for Elephants – Tell me how can you not love this books. It was set on a Circus. It has weird characters. It has an awesome love story. It had an elephant who speak Polish. This book is so Astig! And, I always imagine how hot Jacob can get.
12. Thirteen Reasons Why – Since I am into books that will always make me feel that the sky will fall down on me, this book completes the list. I am placing it here because of Clay. Clay has been an awesome character. He deserves some recognition for his tenacity.
How do you find my list? Haha. I can’t wait to read more books on 2013!