Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

12 Best Books of 2012: Don’t Judge a Reader with the Books He Read. :)

Who would have thought that 2012 will end in three days? If you are still reading this, let us all celebrate that the Mayans screw up. Haha.

If there is one thing that really made me so happy this past year, without a single hesitation, it is the books that I’ve read. Books have been my company most of the time. I am thankful that this page never turned into a book blog. I am grateful for friends who motivated me to read. For people who suggested good titles. And specially to PM who shared this madness with me. :D

So before we move to a different year, let me share you the 12 Best Books that I’ve read this year. And I never thought it will be this tough. I finished 37 books, and it is tough sorting them. For more boring stuff, please click the link. :D

In no particular order:

1. Para Kay B – I guess this is the only Filipino Book that made the list. I admire its originality. Definitely, its ending is something you have to get ready for.

2. The Rise of Nine – People might think that I am just placing it here because I am a big Lorien Legacies fan. However, if you are following the life of Four, you will know that this baby here is the best one thus far. It is exciting. It has richer plots. It doesn’t talk much about love, lols. There are a lot of things happening, and a book with a lot of things happening will always be on top of my list.

3. The Book Thief – One of my favorite books for 2012. As PM said, every book lover must read this one.

4. Catching Fire – Reading the Hunger Games Trilogy one book after another really made me realize that this is really the best one out of the three. Well, Book One was okay. Book Three slightly bored me.

5. Fifty Shades Darker – Come to think of it, I am getting too into trilogies. LOLs. Like Catching Fire, this one is the best of the three books. It is sexier. It is more interesting. And definitely, Christian Grey here is on fire. :D

6. The Perks of Being A Wallflower – You will love a book because of what it does to you. When I finished this earlier this year. I remember going immediately out of the building just to smoke. This one is too intense. Its too depressingly good. :D

7. Kafka on The Shore – My first Murakami book. It was a challenge reading this one but it was so awesome that you have to find ways to get to understand it. Murakami’s words were so fluid. This book is epic.

8. Norwegian Wood – This is the Favorite Book of 2012. Haha. I never anticipated that I will fall in love with this. I love Midori. I love the scene with the umbrella in the rain. I love its words. Oh my, I will definitely re-read this one. Probably, a hundred more times.

9. Battle Royale – Maybe this was the reason why I never loved The Hunger Games. Since this was written way before the latter was published, I appreciated how different and bloody this book is. Once you read this, The Hunger Games will be nothing. Oh my, I don’t have a link for this. LOLS. :D

10. The Catcher in the Rye – I am placing this on my list because of Holden. Holden and his little sister will always be amazing. :D

11. Water for Elephants – Tell me how can you not love this books. It was set on a Circus. It has weird characters. It has an awesome love story. It had an elephant who speak Polish. This book is so Astig! And, I always imagine how hot Jacob can get.

12. Thirteen Reasons Why – Since I am into books that will always make me feel that the sky will fall down on me, this book completes the list. I am placing it here because of Clay. Clay has been an awesome character. He deserves some recognition for his tenacity.

How do you find my list? Haha. I can’t wait to read more books on 2013!

22 comments:

  1. Here's my performance on the books listed:

    Finished:
    1. Catching Fire

    Started Reading:
    1.Fifty Shades Darker
    2.Norwegian Wood

    Hehehe. I promise to be more diligent in reading next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know. I am happy you are also into reading

      Delete
  2. some of your books are still lounging in my usb drive and shelf.

    bookworms revel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I underddtand the the delay. There sre things that sometimes need time

      Delete
  3. babasahin ko na pla yung the book thief. hahaha

    tiwala lang.

    Happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa iyo din. Dont worry, i am patient enough

      Delete
  4. I only have one in your list: Para Kay B. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Para kay B is amazing, one of the best this year. :D

      Delete
  5. standing ovation sa sobrang sipag mo sa pagbasa! grabe nahilo ako dun sa dami sa list mo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Madami kasi akong petiks moments sa office, Kulapitot. Haha. Wait, kuha ako ng paracetamol :D

      Delete
  6. well if it fro you i guess magaganda nga yan,
    lalo na yang rise of nine

    yeah i know na send mo na ung file ng power of six
    and sobrang thankful ako dun,
    at babasahin ko naman talaga
    kaso ayun nga sobrang busy dito sa bahay
    dameng holidays dameng trabaho
    aun di ko pa nababasa huhuhuhu

    37 na books kaw na!
    i bet parang library na room mo

    for a guy like me book enthusiast like you was such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am living in a boarding house so definitely there is no place for a library. :D But you can tell with the stuff (lamp, bookmarks, and books) that there is a book reader in the room.

      Delete
  7. Perks of being a wallflower is the only book I read na parte ng list na ito... It's a great read though but I hate the way it ends hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... The ending is kinda drag nga, but what i love about it is how different it was. some stories doesn't have to end in glee, perhaps.

      Delete
  8. wala akong na basa na book from the list you have...but it got me thinking...thanks for sharing...parang maganda ung mga choices mo...:)


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. marami pong salamat, sana maenganyo ka pong magsulat. lols.

      Delete
  9. wowowowow.

    Para kay B is a great piece. Gusto ko yung kwento ng mga babae sa librong to! Ayos din ang perks.

    Now i'm curious sa battle royale kasi napanood ko na yung jap. film. Curious din ako sa cather in rye kasi sinuggest sya sa akin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gelo, I can send you my PDF copy of battle royale, basahin mo din sa office. Honestly, mas maganda pa din ang book version, mas complete, hindi confusing.

      Para Kay B and Perks will always be love.

      Delete
  10. ganda nga ng mga books na yan!.. joke lang lahat yun di ko pa nabasa. hehe.

    heard good reviews for wallflower. would probably read it soon.

    ako just finished one, or at least isa lang natatandaan ko. flowers for algernon. putik ung ending. napahagulgol ako. nice read siya (at least for me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. flowers of algernon sounds interesting. gusto ko ang mga books na mapapaputik ka sa ending, jm! :D

      Delete
  11. Hands down to you for reading a lot of books this year. Sumablay ako this year for not being able to read my target of 50 books this year. 16 lang ang natapos ko :( But anyway, I've read some of the books on your list. Para Kay B made me cry... a lot, (aka, sampal sa mukha ang drama. ako nang hopeless romantic!) Kafka On The Shore drove me insane. I had to read it twice in order to digest it. But the plot is really good. Try reading 1Q84, After Dark and Dance, Dance, Dance next year. I'm sure you'll like it too :). I've read the Fifty Shades Trilogy in two days this year, and I swear... I DIED... sa puyat. But I swear... swear lang, ang hot lang! Ahahahaha (insert delicious wink) CHOS! I'll try to read your book reviews, too. I haven't wrote my reviews this year din. I should also start doing that na rin. :)

    Btw, Happy New Year dear LJ. Cheers to a more exciting, surprising and wilder year ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe... Glad to know that you've read some of my books, lols. Ayaw ko kasing mag murakami ng paulit ulit ulit... not smart, baka mapraning ako bigla. :D

      Happy New Year, friend!

      Delete