Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

On Cheating



I always wonder why people cheat... when they can do the right thing.

Several of my friends are in relationships for eons. One is with his partner for five years now. Two is in a relationship with the same person for six years, and Three has been dating the same guy for the past three years. You know when you are in PLU's world, having a relationship that goes beyond a year is already an achievement!

Recently, One confessed that he have an office relationship BF. It amazed me when he admitted it. My world shattered when he told me that he told his partner for five years. And after their conversation with his partner, they started discussing all the things that were off in their relationship.

Two and Three have, how will I call this, flings (?) outside their serious relationships. Well, they don't know that I knew. Maybe it’s the Sherlock Holmes complex that I knew I have. I notice actions more than words, I think way ahead compared to anyone and I understand the meaning hidden in every word said. I caught Three dating another friend (who is also in a relationship) and though Three never admitted anything, it shows in their actions when I talk to them at Megamall that they are hiding something.

Do not get me wrong, I know that this is really none of my business and I shouldn't even be writing about this but ever since One told me, the thought never left my head. Why do people cheat when they can always do the right thing? Seriously.

Now, I know that I am really in no place to comment on all the activities my friends are doing. Even though I know it is at some point wrong, but when you are friends with someone, you will learn to accept everything about them. I believe that is what friends do. Regardless of all the craziness, at the end of the day, you will still support each other. Part of me is mortified with the idea, another part is happy for them, and the bigger part of me is always asking myself if I have the right parts. :D

Anyways, I am sure that when you fall for someone, you never consider the wrong and right stuff. You just rely on what you feel. Love happens when you least expect it, worst, it sometimes happen when you are taken. I am not saying that it is okay to cheat. Love is a tricky thing. And when Cupid hit you with that stupid arrow, make sure that you are ready for the things that you put yourself into.

Let’s all love responsibly.

29 comments:

  1. Cheating is usually exciting kasi... feeling nila smart sila sa pandaraya without thinking of possible consequences...

    For someone with genuine integrity, wala sa vocabulary ang salitang cheat... just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... However, senyor, the world is a cruel place. Most people think differently. :D

      Delete
  2. It's been argued that some people may not be monogamous by nature. There are tons of research about this, but ... it still sucks when it happens no?

    Perhaps it's that insatiable desire; that wanting more. More, more, more.

    K

    p.s. Hello LJ =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kane, Thank you for gracing me with your awesomeness. :D

      The insatiable desire is something I never understand, well, I guess some losers just stay contented with what they have, and since I realize that most of the time, I am a loser, I stay this way. :D

      Delete
  3. I believe in the Law of Karma. It's a cycle. "Do not do unto others what you do not want others do unto you." "You reap what you sow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is always something tricky about karma. napaisip tuloy ako how many people believe in such?

      Hello Cheekegirl. :D

      Delete
  4. I don't really know why people cheat (especially sa love). Maybe a little bored? Or kulang ang nakukuhang pagmamahal? I don't know really. Anyway, they will have to suffer the consequences in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello orange. :D

      there is something about endings that bothers me. is it really a consequence? :D

      Delete
  5. well, cheating happens when there's something in the relationship is missing or wasn't fulfilled.If your partner was lacking at something there's a huge tendency that you would seek for it in somebody else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree. however some people rather cheat that end things properly. weird. :D

      Delete
  6. that's a nice way to put it, lj. love responsibly. i can think of a long list why people cheat but the bottom line i think is they cheat because they can. i miss our long talks, my friend. PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am serious about this, we have things to talk about. I hope you can log on at skype.

      Delete
  7. People love to collect, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I really don't know if that is a good thing. :D

      Delete
  8. maybe they're bored with their relationship na. sad lang...

    all you do is to give advice and sila na bahala after

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello mac. the problem with giving advises is no one listens, i guess we will just stick to the "sila na bahala after" part.

      Delete
  9. it's selfish but i suppose the heart wants what the heart wants. and so the heart hurts who it chooses to hurt.

    (wow, hugot from experience? haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true. and the heart will haunt what it wants to haunt?

      Delete
  10. Yes, you are not in the right place to comment about the situation because in the first place, you haven't experienced what they are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As if you experienced this things, Josh. hehe... I miss you, friend.

      Delete
  11. minsan hindi nawawala ang cheat sa kahit ano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, and even though that happens, hindi rin natin alam ang gagawin once we're faced with people we love doing it.

      Delete
  12. Everyone has a different story and we don't have the right to judge them based on their course of actions. Cheating doesn't have to always end bitterly, it's a matter of communication between partners and coming up with a solution or a compromise to the current situation. I have cheated and been cheated on and as relationships come and go, I came to realize that humans are indeed non-monogamous by nature, especially men. Relationships should not b e confined to an ideal. You don't have to comply with the dogma that the society has imposed on relationships. It's yours to make and it's yours to keep and maintain no matter what the situation is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't relate. I never cheated kasi in a relationship eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the million-dollar question: why people cheat! We can't seem to pin down THE #1 REASON from among the reasons others offer. And even if we do, we still don't get satisfied with that one reason. We want to hear more reasons. Reasons, reasons, reasons (paulit-ulit?)

    Kidding aside, I myself don't have the answer to the question but here's what I tell my bf: I will never give you the opportunity to cheat. You don't have to cheat, nor do you have to fake your feelings. Instead, the opportunity to be honest is yours for the taking. If you're no longer happy, I got five words for you: MAN UP AND SAY IT!

    ReplyDelete