Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Sleuthing Orange

My fascination with detective stories started with Nancy Drew. It was in high school when my cousin started buying her books and after she finished it, I read them. I cannot remember the books that I’ve read. Lols. But definitely, it started an addiction to everything mysterious, deadly, and altogether mind blowing.


Then, there was Detective Conan on GMA. Though the anime is so out of this world and obviously far from everything that can happen in real life (e.g a teen drinking a potion to make him younger), its story fascinates me. How he thinks and links everything with something leaves me at awe. I even catch myself sometimes trying to guess the killer in every story. Detective Conan brings so much good memories.


Sherlock Holmes – I finished reading all of his stories in the office. In boring mornings when I have nothing to do, I just go to Wikisource and bam! Everything is there. After finishing Conan Doyle’s entire masterpiece, I finally came to understand why Sherlock Holmes is so timeless.  He is so courageous, strong, and definitely though the setting happened a hundred years ago, it still amazes you.

Then there were the Millennium Series. Who will never forget Lizbeth Salander?


Now, I am so addicted with Agatha Christie. I already finished 10 of her books and will definitely write about her in the near future. She is really the most brilliant mystery writer I’ve encountered. I cannot wait to write about her. :D


Well, they always say that tomorrow is a mystery. And I really cannot stop the hype that I am getting every time I read something that make my head hurts guessing what really happened. Lols.

Hopefully, I can write my own detective story someday. That is something. :D

12 comments:

  1. isa kang special bookworm.


    -Pareng Cyron was here-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... may special case lang. case to case basis. tapos pwede ding mag close ng case. ewan ko ba pare. pakiramdam ko luto na ang utak ko sa pagiisip ng mga bagay bagay buhat sa isa pang bagay. :D

      Delete
  2. bet ko rin ang mga detective kemerut pero hindi kasing hayuk mo... i love Alias, does it count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. tama nga hayok na ako senyor. lols.

      Alias. Hmm... hindi pa ako nakakapanood ng isang episode ng Alias. lols. Alam ko C.S.I pero hindi ko nasubaybayan. Mas mahilig talaga ako sa libro e.

      Delete
  3. For me, it was the Hardy Brothers who piqued my interests in detective stories. Was also introduced to Sherlock and Agatha as I grew older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read anything from the Hardy Boys. Boo me! Haha. But I guess they are just like Nancy Drew, only stronger, because they are boys. :D

      Delete
  4. Ang trip ko noon ay ang Hardy Boys. Pero alam ko may nabasa din akong Nancy Drew na stories, mga dalawa din ata yun. :3

    And favorite ko din si Conan! Kaso di ko na nasundan... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sobrang popular ata ng mga Hardy Boys, hehe. May mga ebooks pa kaya ng mga ganun? Lols.

      Delete
  5. For me I enjoyed the Hardy Boys more than Nancy Drew pero both set of books have me wanted to become a detective when I was younger too! Haha I would go around my subdivision pretending to find some hidden mystery haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ako dati I tend to complicate things. You tend to deduce even the simplest of scenarios.

      Delete
  6. ooh, ang dami pa lang mga "detective themed" na novels. Ang tanging alam ko lang jan sa list mo is ung Detective Conan (being an anime fan myself) Sobrang daming episodes nyan, kaso I lost track of them already lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hindi pa din ata tapos ang kwento ng detective conan fiel kun, lols. i lost track of them din. :D

      Delete