Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gay Gamer

Being the boring person that I am, there is one thing that I always do for fun. Online games!


It started back in college. My friends played Ragnarok back then. That time, the vacant moments in between classes may take up to four and a half hours. And since I don’t want to be a loser who stays outside the PUP chapel or sat at the tiled floors of our school south wing, I started playing. Let me tell you first how expensive Ragnarok that time, you have to buy a card in order to play, and you also have to rent computers. Have I told you how long our vacant moments can get? Haha. I don’t even understand what is so addicting with Ragnarok (shoot me, Elmer). I never even got a character who reached a second job class. I guess what makes it difficult was my fingers were not that quick that time. In Ragna, I remember that you have to be the first person to kill the mobs in order to gain more experience, and if you are in a map that has roughly 80 characters. Good luck!


I then played RAN Online. Why is it cold RAN Online? I don’t know. It was introduced by my roommate who brought his PC in Sta Mesa. We have broadband and since I got too exhausted with Friendster (nagkakaalaman na ng edad, haha), I tried playing it. RAN Online is a walk in a park compared to Ragnarok. It doesn’t have complicated quests, it has skills that can kill 10 mobs at a time, and you really work together with fellow players if you are in a party. It is also easy to understand. In RAN, all you have to do is just walk north, because the farther you go north, the tougher the mobs to kill and the greater the experience you gain. Certified Ranatic here.


Currently, I am playing AION Ascencion. It is a game created by NCSOFT and this is the most challenging game I ever played. Let me explain. In Aion world, there are two races, Elios and Asmodians, you will be on the good side of things depending on which Race you pick. You can improve yourself by doing quests. What are the two races for? It is for PVP. There are maps in AION where you will face the opposing race and definitely, try your best to beat the hell out of them. I enjoyed AION because the game interface is pretty, Campaign quests tells stories, everyone has to go through the same stuff, and the PVP part of the game will really get you motivated to improve your character’s skills and stats so you will not get killed most of the time. AION can get challenging because there are a lot of things to consider. It can get complicated sometimes, but it is fun.

I play online games to remove stress and to distract myself from thinking more depressing stuff. It has been a good diversion so far, especially now when everything seems to melt down a lot of times. And with that being said, I will bid “take care,” magpapalevel pa. LOLs.

8 comments:

  1. gamer din ako ng ragna nung high school pa ako.. mas pulubi ako nun kase ang liit pa ng baon ko tas need ko pa bumili ng card lols! then 3 games lang kina adikan ko noon 1st-CS 2nd-ragna 3rd-DOTA.. pero nung nagwork na ako wala na haha! yup! magandang diversion ang game lalo na pag stressed ka : )

    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried CS and DOTA, pakiramdam ko masyadong complicated ang game. Feeling ko din, una akong first blood. lols

      Delete
  2. well ako di na ko naglalaro naun
    haha pure blogging na ko
    pero paminsan minsan naman ee nabibisita ko pa din ung dragon nest account ko
    anyways anags talga nyang aion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maangas talaga siya MEcoy. :) Nakikita ko ang dragon nest kaso parang masyadong hectic na ang schedule ko para sa AION hindi ko alam kung kakayanin ko pa ang isang online game

      Delete
  3. Ako iba ang nilalaro ko hahaha !
    Pra kng mga friends ko din n pahinhin pero hardcore online gamer pala

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Ikaw talaga.

      Well some pahinhin can be different, hehe.

      Delete
  4. All the features of online games today (except for the 3D effect) were already been released in Ragnarok Online. I've never seen an online game that has so much storyline than Ragnarok Online :)

    ReplyDelete