Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

The Catcher in the Rye

Two blogger friends introduced the book to me. Mots said that it was one of his Required Reading when he was still studying. Nyl mentioned that I should start reading it after I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower because it’s eerie and somehow the book knows me.

I have high expectations about the book! Haha.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE BOOK:

Yes, Holden is definitely the reason why I love the book. He is so complicated but in a very cool way. The way he think fascinates me. The way he cares for Sophie wants him to be my older brother. And, the way he sees thinks makes me want to have his brain. :)

Some people think that the book is challenged not just because of the language used but also because of the mature themes that were being discussed in the book. But I appreciate books like this. For me, a reading material that gave you a head on realization of the things happening around you should be published more.

I also like the way the book ended. Holden making his reader imagine what life is in store for his is really a cool idea. For me, I will really love Holden to go back to school and not flunk anymore, but somehow, I also want Holden to just follow his dream because I am always a believer of doing something you love will always make you happy.

If you’ve read the book, how do you want Holden’s story to end?

WHAT I DON’T LIKE ABOUT THE BOOK:

This is hard. I guess it will be some of the stories when Holden is reminiscing them, because I was really concentrated on what is really happening with him. :)

I also hate his sneaky professor, haha!

Well the book is really nice. It will always give you a reason to be optimistic with everything that you do. That no matter how difficult things can get, things will be okay, if not now, it will happen soon enough.

11 comments:

  1. i have always wanted to read this. maybe i will if i find a copy. hey, read the great gatsby too, okay? your post on the perks of being a wallflower eluded me. i'd check it out. you know, that book is the first one i read this year. it is cool but disturbing in a way.

    ps. i also have a book review up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, but the perks will always be love. :)

      i just saw it, tell me if you've read my email.

      Delete
    2. i did not get any email, lj. did you send it to my rocketmail?

      Delete
    3. i did not get any email, lj. did you send it to my rocketmail?

      Delete
    4. yes... the one we use to communicate. :D

      Delete
  2. First time to hear about this book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, if my friends will not talk about it, I will not have a single idea about it.

      Delete
  3. *sigh*
    Unfortunately, that's one of the books I feel are overrated, enough for me to just ignore 'em.

    I'm giving this book a chance one day. One day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should, Addie. I didn't even thought that i will like it, but now I do like it... a lot. :)

      Delete
  4. Many years ago, this book was my favorite because I felt that it was closest to what I had been feeling at the moment. I wonder what I would feel now that I have considerably grown up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, you will never know until you will read it again. Go for it Gian!

      Delete