Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Thirteen Reasons Why

By: Jay Asher


I am really not sure where I will begin this. My mind is perplexed and right now all thoughts seemed to fade away. Seriously, this book is really making me think.

Like almost everyone who have read the book, I feel bad for Hannah. Who will not feel bad for her? After all the crazy things that she have been into, it will not be difficult understanding her. What is more upsetting? Hannah is weak, or maybe she really had a hard time and she was not strong enough to cry for help, or even help herself.

Feel worse for Clay. As what Hannah said, he was part of the 13 reasons but not how the other 11 people treated her. Clay was different. He could have been Hannah's lighthouse but instead of going straight to it, Hannah went for the storm. He liked Hannah, he never see Hannah differently and if given the chance, Clay will be there for her. But Hannah blew it! And it was really painful reading that Clay has to hear what happened to her when all he ever wanted was to get to know her.

The story can really get twisted but in a very good way.

It can get frustrating and at some point, I catch myself stopping every time Hannah will say something that is so true. One of them is "the least popular story will always be the truth." And that is true, why will a dead girl lie, right?

Thirteen Reasons Why will really make you reflect. It will give you a reason to be sensitive in everything you do. Because Everything affects everything. We sometimes think that what we are doing doesn't affect somebody, the truth is, it can help or tears them apart. Worst, it creates a snowball effect that may something leads to greatness or to overwhelming despair.

But no matter how big the snowball is, if shits really happens, taking your own life will never answer your questions. If things get worst, cry for help, if help never came, let hope remains. Never lose it.

The book really made me value life more. It made me love myself more, haha!

Definitely this is one of the re-reading list. :)

Oh, thanks PM for informing me about this book, thanks for telling me that you see Clay in me. Is it because you think that I am super nice and their is no bad side in me, hahaha. Choz lang. :D

14 comments:

  1. who authored this book by the way? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jay asher, orange. asa taas po, lols.

      Delete
    2. parang may gusto akong hiraming libro sa friend ko..lols

      Delete
    3. hahaha... hey joe, anjan ka pala, kamusta

      Delete
  2. i am glad you enjoyed the book, lj. i think you are sensitive like clay. i am even happier to know that the book made you value your life more. i think you got more from the book than i did. read the book thief next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess what, i really plan to read that. Haha.... Sali mo ako sa book club, PM. haha

      Delete
  3. i am glad you enjoyed the book, lj. i think you are sensitive like clay. i am even happier to know that the book made you value your life more. i think you got more from the book than i did. read the book thief next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sound intersting my pag ka tragic ata ang buhay ni ana haha agree ako dun sa sinabi ni hannah "the least popular story will always be the truth."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ita super tragic, sir. YOu really have to read it. :D

      Delete
  5. "If things get worst, cry for help, if help never came, let hope remains. Never lose it." --> Agree! Astig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this book once in Fully Booked Katipunan. (yun kasi ang pinakamalapit na bookstore sa office) and I never thought that story is like this, parang intriguing. While reading your book review I felt how the book had an effect on you, in a very positive way :)

    Anyway, I hope I could really have time to read books, I'm still reading pa nga the pdf you sent me last time, and Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker. (Yup, nakiuso ako sa madlang people eh!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You should read this one. You will adore all the intriguing parts of it.

      I think I will get the Fifty shades of grey soon... :D

      Delete
    2. Naku, yes do read it. I find Fifty Shades very liberating more that Paulo Coelho's Eleven Minutes. Ang sexy lang (sexy talaga?!) Medyo na-disorient ako nung first time ko siya binasa ahaha :D

      Delete