Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Canda

Before I almost forgot how to define the word “vacation,” I spent the last four days in the province where I was born. :D

Sariaya is a province before the capital of Quezon. It is a three hour drive, I mean, bus ride from Manila that is if you want to get to the town proper, huh. :P My extended family live in a Barrio which is still a 20 minute tricycle ride from town. The name of our Barangay is Canda, and I don’t even know where the name came from. I will not say that it is remote, because there are a lot of other Barangays which is farther from where we live.

It is a place where farming is really the main source of income, where the only concrete road is where the vehicles pass, where the dogs are not even chained, where people sleep at one in the morning and still wake up at six AM, where the phone’s signal is really drag, where people are friendly, and where everything seems so simple and relax.

The picture below is our nearest neighbor.

Yes, if I will estimate it, its close to a hundred yards. My cousin and her family lives there, and if you want to call her, since she doesn’t own a cellular phone, you have to do it the old fashion way. Shout! Haha.

I have a lot of stories to share. But since I just arrived in Manila, I think it is proper to rest first. Haha!

9 comments:

  1. I thought it was "Canada" or "Ganda" hehehe. Buti ka pa nakapagbakasyon ng bongga! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... 4 days nga lang, spell bitin!

      Delete
  2. This makes me so jealous. The only vacation I had this summer was at a beach and I didn't even get the chance to bath. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the beach lately. That makes me jealous

      Delete
  3. I agree with el toro, at first sight, i thought that it was "CANADA" and you misspelled it. hahaha. so fun of me.
    It's really nice to back to your hometown this summer. to unwind a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Albert: I know right, home will always be where the heart is.

      Delete
  4. fantastic intro post, lj! interesting enough, i was thinking about quezon the other day. i wanted to visit a pottery garden i saw in a magazine. i have yet to take my vacation but it's coming closer and i'm pretty excited already. glad you had the time off! PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vacations are really exciting. buti na nga rin lang nakapagpahinga ng bongga. :D

      Delete
  5. fantastic intro post, lj! interesting enough, i was thinking about quezon the other day. i wanted to visit a pottery garden i saw in a magazine. i have yet to take my vacation but it's coming closer and i'm pretty excited already. glad you had the time off! PM

    ReplyDelete