Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Girl Who Played With Fire

By: Stieg Larsson

 

fire

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is really superb. Both the book and the movie will really make you more interested to know what will happen next to the lives of the characters. It really took a while, but finally, I was able to finish book two of the Millennium Series!

What it is: The story was set two years after the events on book one took place. Lisbeth is richer now and has been travelling the world and when she returned to Sweden, she got involved in a murder case. The search for Salander and for the main killer took place which will reveal more secrets about the lead character.

What I liked about it: Two words. Lisbeth Salander. From the way she handled her millions, to how she have hidden herself when she was hunted by the police, to how loving she get when she discovered that her guardian was alive, to how passionate and wild she can become with Mimmi, and how she beat the bad guys in the book. She will really be the reason why you will love the book.

She was introduced more on the book. You will learn more about her past and all the things that were running thru her mind. You will understand Lisbeth more, and though you know that she has a lot of reasons to kick some bad guy’s butt, you will never learn to hate her because the author will make you understand Salander more.

What I don’t like about it: I am really not sure whether this is a bad thing. But, I really have cliff hangers and when things like that happened, I will not be a happy camper.

Recommended for: People who really want to believe that Salander is really someone that you will love, it will also be a good read for people who loves action films and mystery stories.

11 comments:

  1. nice, another book done! :) i have seen tons of blog friends rave about this series but this has a crime plot right? i can't read anything with crime so i guess i have to be content with your reviews, lj. PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice, another book done! :) i have seen tons of blog friends rave about this series but this has a crime plot right? i can't read anything with crime so i guess i have to be content with your reviews, lj. PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Yes, It has a lot of violence on it, definitely something not for the kids.

      Delete
  3. the latest book i read can be something for kids. well, something for balanced kids i guess. come to think of it, i actually think you are like the main character, clay jensen, for some reason! you know what, you should totally check it out. PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i already checked your review, i am currently looking for it now. hahaha! Definitely I should check this out, anything that can be related to me should be pretty interesting. :)

      Delete
  4. Grabe, ang sipag mo magbasa! I wish I could re-gain my love for reading novels. Pero with an Internet in my room, parang ang hirap ibalik ang dating book-lover na si Elmer :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Madami lang akong petiks na sandali. Well, Sanay din ako sa internet pero ito pa din ako. :D well, makikita mo din un. :D

      Delete
  5. Hi!

    I have chosen your blog as one of the recipients of "The Versatile Blogger Award". Kindly read my post here: http://wanderingemo.blogspot.com/2012/05/so-im-versa.html

    Thank you. Ingat palage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maraming salamat, wandering emo. Natuwa naman ako. Pero iisipin ko pa kung sino sa mga bloggers ang hindi pa nabibigyan ng ganitong award, hahaha! :D

      Touch ako, alam mo yan. :D

      Delete
  6. After finishing the book 1, I really looked forward to reading the next book. Compared to book 1, this is a more easy read as there is less political and cultural referencing to Sweden. I love how the action keeps up in this book. I am now reading the third book, the last in the series, and I have to enjoy it... despite the fact that there are some friends who are telling me how much of a bore book 3 is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. say what, I am starting to read book 3 and i feel that way. Book two is more exciting and easy to read. I guess I still have to finish it. Thanks PP!

      Delete