Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

White Russian Doll

Title From Lucky Soul

Life is too short to live within restraints.

I have read this somewhere while blog hopping thru my reader. Too bad, I am really not good in remembering things, and even if I did remember where I got this statement, this eight word statement is more than enough to leave me sleepless one scorching summer afternoon.

Now, I am looking at this Matryoshka doll and the first thing that I thought of is restraints. The bigger doll needs to be opened in order to get the smaller doll, until you get the smallest doll inside.

Sometimes, restraints affect us in ways that we will never see coming. Fears will make us more afraid, insecurities will make us ugly, and failures will always break us down. Problems will never leave us and no matter how hard we try to convince ourselves that we are strong, there will be points that we will be vulnerable.

Like this doll, you and the things that bother you will always be together. But it’s best to treat them like these nested dolls.

Make sure that your fears, insecurities, and failures will always be the smaller part of you. Never allow them to grow bigger, and if the moment come they did, just twist and open them into two for you to find the strength that was there all along.

citybuoy | ♔ıǝɹɯɐı♔ | ןıuǝ oɟ ɟןıƃɥʇ | Orange Wit | Sitting Pretty | Spiral Prince

18 comments:

  1. nice inspiration for the day. it is quite interesting how negative things have the capacity to grow bigger and bigger much easily compared to the positive. great job with this post. lj, what is this challenge all about? PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Round Table challenge is a continuation of The Emo Bloggers Happy Writing challenge. However, it is a monthly thing. We started last april 15 where a prompt was launch and everyone will just post their posts on the 15th! Currently, there are six of us writing, you can check their posts in the Aggregate site, and let me tell you, they are really really good. haha! Thank you for appreciating this. Better read the rest of the entries in the site, you will love them.

      Just tell me if you want to join our circle. :)

      Delete
    2. Correction, everyone will post their article on the 1st. haha!

      Delete
    3. wow aggregate site, dumugo yata ilong ko lj. PM

      Delete
    4. oh, wait lang, kuha me kurtina, haha!

      Delete
  2. I have always thought that attempts to minimize failures, insecurities and fear was the substantial cause of their amplification and empowerment in our unconscious. i wonder if the ego complex is strong enough to do what you suggest here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. We just have to believe in it.

      Delete
  3. I love those Russian dolls. So iconic of Russia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is quite the positive way of looking at things. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always better to look at things on a positive note. :)

      Delete
  5. I agree. Very positive LJ. I remember reading something somewhere that when you write, you always have to give something to the reader, something that'll make them remember and see your point of view. And that optimism is I think what you gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, i was thinking more about your post and i failed to mention my own confusion with the title. did you mean "white russian" in its ordinary connoting sense or did you mean "white" denotatively to modify "russian doll"? just curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the title from a song, hahaha... Apologies for the confusion.

      Delete
  7. I love how positive this whole post is. Minsan, we forget about how we self-sabotage. It's almost tragic if it wasn't so funny. Thank you for this wonderful reminder.

    (You have to agree with me) You're a great fictionist, LJ. I'd love to see how you present this particular impact in a short story. Have you ever allowed the negative stuff rule you? Are you a nested doll yourself? Which layer do you most empathize with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nyl: I guess we are all nested dolls. I am currently working on something which can further elaborate this. hahaha!

      Definitely, sometimes the negative things will rule you, but ever since I started being independent, I learned that challenges are there because God knows that you can handle them. You cannot just let the negativity overpower you, we have to find ways to look at things in a positive note.

      Delete