Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Buscapades

I have this gay housemate who has a weird habit. Here is what he does every time he is board.

He loves riding buses. So when boredom strikes, he will ride the bus, no matter what the destination, get to where the bus will stop, then ride another bus going home.

One time, while he was waiting on EDSA, he saw a bus bound to Cavite. He just rode the bus without being familiar to any place in Cavite. The moment he saw SM Bacoor, he alighted, then make a quick tour of the mall, then went home.

Some may find the idea pretty weird, but since I am a lover of weird things (and ideas), I find it brilliant!

I love long journeys and commuting. It sounds exciting being in a place that is out of your comfort zone. I have also read in a lot of travel blogs that you will learn more about yourself when you are alone and conquer unfamiliar grounds

Because of this idea, my friend and I thought that we should try it when time and our wallet allows us to do such. I even created conditions for the craziness that we were planning.

Whether the location is near or far, the place we will go to should be not familiar to both of us.

Next, once we reached our destination, we will go to two places – a church and a place where the locals love to eat. There is an old Filipino belief that when you entered a church for the first time, you must make a wish. It is something I loved doing every time I visit a church for the first time. I believe the second place is self explanatory. Haha! if we still have time, maybe we can visit a local tourist spot.

Last, the whole trip will only take place in a day. So if we will arrive on a location early in the morning, we must be on our way back to Makati by the end of the day. Since the trip is really not that much planned, we will be able to save more on accommodations if we will sleep on the bus. :D

Travel Blogs always mention that before you reach a location, everything must be plan. I have nothing against that. We can do that for trips where we will stay in an area for more than a day.

We will just do this for fun and I guess in every journey, that is what is more important.

I am so excited to do this! Haha!

10 comments:

  1. I always wanted to do that. gusto ko nga yung pupunta ko sa cubao sa mga terminal ng bus, tapos mamimili lng ng destinasyon na di ko pa napupuntahan. hehe. good luck sa adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then go for it, Justine. Let's start this buscapades thing!

      Delete
  2. ay spur of the moment travel... sounds interesting. and don't forget to take lots of pictures ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont worry, Brian! I will. :)

      Delete
  3. Di n'yo try yung Victory Liner -- byaheng Baguio. Or yung mga bus na byaheng Naga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elmer, that is still part of the plan. :)

      Delete
  4. "Cnquer unfamiliar ground" hit me hard. Your friend's idea is just cool and exciting! Masubukan nga to :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, tell me your story once you've done it, Jen!

      Delete
  5. Buscapades is a brilliant idea! Haven't really tried it, but maybe one unplanned, spur of the moment, moment in EDSA. Travel is flight and fight in equal parts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always welcome 12th curators. Tell me if you've done something like that. :)

      Delete