Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stalling Eat Pray Love

Book by Elizabeth Gilbert

It took me three months to finish Eat. Pray. Love. To all the fans of the movies and the books, go ahead and show your grudge straight at me now. I know it will not make sense if I will try to explain myself, but now, I really understand that these types of books will never interest me. All the chick flicks lovers out there, shoot me.

 Italy

Seriously, I cannot point where it went wrong. I bought the book along with my Eros Atalia books, and of course, I will read the Atalia books first. Well, you cannot blame me, Edgar Allan is hot, and I am dead serious to find out what will happen next to his story. But after reading his books, I tried reading Gilbert’s book, I tried focusing my attention on it, I make sure that it will always be on mg bag pack that way, on my free time in The Company, I can try reading it. But I also have a lot of PDF files on my email and since our department is in the hot seat for all the not so illegal things that we are doing, I never opened it. I want to keep my job, you know.

Yes, you can say that I can read the book at home, but if a book doesn’t really interests me much, in the three times a month I opened the book, almost all those time I fall asleep. Damn, I am so mortified! :)

India

Don’t get me wrong. I love Eat. Pray. Love. I love everything about it. I love Elizabeth Gilbert’s humor, how the books seems like a blog where every chapter is just a post that you would love to comment, and most of all, I love how everything seems to transcends through your soul as you sift through its pages. No wonder the book has been a hit because almost everyone can relate to it. All can understand that at some point in our crazy life, we will all be like Liz trying to understand what will really make us happy. It will give you a harsh realization that sometimes we have to find and fight to obtain happiness.

The characters will also make you smile. I love Ketut, the medicine man. I wonder if he is still alive, though. I hated Wayan no matter how good her intentions are. That woman is really shade in all aspects and all the things that she said after she kept of stalling her house purchase, I am not buying it. Felipe, the Brazilian guy, though too old for Liz, reminds me of Christian Grey, less the BDSM of course. Haha.

Indonesia

Still, I finished it in three months. Haha! Maybe because I really find some chapters boring. Though I know that it will be enlightening, some books has too much stuff about meditation, religion, and yoga. I know it makes the books what it is, or maybe those are the things that will never interest. Probably, those are the things that made me sleep. The book has a lot of talk about peace and calmness which probably make its reader fall asleep. Again, all the fans out there, don’t hate.

Will I recommend it? Of course I will. It will really be a favorite for someone who is having a hard time finding happiness. It has a lot of ideas that will make you realize that certain problems can be resolve in ways that we never thought will work.

After reading the book, like Liz, I felt happy – contented with all the things that are and happening around me. It is a good book, seriously, it is. But some books will never be your favorite and for me, this is it.

___
Oh, Please do check My Universe! Follow niyo na rin po. Thanks. :)

18 comments:

  1. I also cannot understand why I still have not finished reading that book. 'Til now, page 90 something pa rin ata ako. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodluck, Rei. Matagal tagal pa yan... :D

      Delete
  2. I just saw the movie a few days ago. I never had the time to go to the cinema. I bought a DVD copy. The movie was nice. I just don't understand Liz. I thought she was kind of selfish and immature. Why did she even marry her husband in the first place?

    Anyway, do you think the movie was faithful to the book? I haven't read it, and I'm not even considering to read it.

    I just got interested with the movie because it was featuring Italy (that's where I live). And yes, I understand the concept of "dolce far niente". Oh, the Italian culture is so beautiful and very indulgent. Hahaha! Again, I'm commenting about the movie. Maybe it's different in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watch the movie. LOL. I don't know if I will feel different about it, maybe I will watch it if I find time this week.

      The way Italy was described in the book, you will really fall in love with it. It makes me want to go there right away. I will think about India and Indonesia, though

      Delete
  3. ..i missed this movie .. i dont like to read books na . .i should see this now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm. I will think about watching the movie. :D

      Delete
  4. why does best movies always came from books or novels? hohoho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because books will always be the best source of stories.

      Delete
  5. at least you're done with it. i still have to read fifty shades freed. it might be hopeless. idk for sure. i read this book some years back and i enjoyed the part up to india. when it became all lovey dovey in indonesia i almost threw up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i was like, FINALLY! Hahaha... Yeah, the Indonesia part was really a drag, but knowing that I was at that part, I know that it will be over anytime.

      Delete
  6. I have read this too - took me 3 weeks :) It was a good read - inget ako sa budget nya, naka punta kung saan saan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true... nakapag under the table pa siya sa indonesia. :D

      Delete
    2. at least this tells us hindi lang sa RP merong ganito :D

      Delete
  7. I got halfway through Eat, put it down and never picked it up. Medyo dragging no? But i liked the rosary idea. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dragging? Sobra! It dragged me to sleep everytime. :D

      Delete
  8. parang ayoko ng basahin to .. haha

    yung movie nga inantok ako eh di lalo na pag binasa ko na .. :p

    Nga pala thanks dun sa copy nung the book thief . Really aprreciate it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. basahin mo pa din. :D baka antukin din ako sa movie, haha!

      Nag start ka na bang basahin siya? Hehe. Sana magustuhan mo siya.

      Delete