Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Para Kay B

Unlike all the other books that I’ve read, I don't have much information about Para Kay B. All I know was that it was written by Ricky Lee. At first, I thought that the main character will also be gay, thanks to Amapola, but I guess I have judged Ricky Lee too much.

Para Kay B is a book of love stories. It deals with the love stories of five woman that at the end will sort of intertwined with each other. Ricky Lee was able to describe love in various aspects in a straight forward, brave, bold and entertaining way. Its either you understand it or you can stop reading the book.

You have to read the book to be able to grasp what I am saying here.

I love everything about it. From the plot, to the characters, to the humor, up to how things ended really keep me smiling. It was devastating, but in a good way. Ricky Lee proved that love stories doesn’t have to end in a happy ever after, sometimes, it just needs to end the way it must end. He stick with how real love is, sometimes, it will not be sweet.

I now have a new favorite book, after The Alchemist of course.

8 comments:

  1. Si Ricky Lee din ba author ng "Trip to Quiapo"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk who ricky lee is but it is nice that your second fav book of all time is pinoy. if i chance upon this book in the stores i will check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ricky lee wrote rizal the movie, the one with cesar montano on it. yeah, you will really like it.

      Delete
  3. oh my god, my comment passed the filter! does this mean i can comment on blogspot again? woohohoho sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that is just what happened. Thanks for trying it out here on my blog. welcome back, friend.

      Delete
  4. na-associate ko kasi itong book na ito with a bad memory kaya hindi ko magawang basahin LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lols. nacurious naman ako kung anong bad memory yun, salamat sa pagdaan sir glen

      Delete