Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Revisiting The Past


Hello Everyone!
I am currently writing this here in The Company (office) and since most European countries are on holiday today, Happy Holiday (though I really don't have any idea what are they celebrating, lols) to my officemates in Austria, Greece and Italy! Yey!
Since I really don't have much to do, I just read blogs in Google Reader. I finished back reading PM's blog and I really love it. Her old posts are really cool and I realized if I am a girl, I would love to be someone like PM, less the animals, of course. I hope she will not mind me saying that. LOL. Well, PM is really a cool girl. The Blog Friendship Sundae Award that she gave me really means a lot to me. It warms my heart like a hot lugaw in a rainy weather like this. Damn, I am so happy right now. :D
Anyways, the real reason why I am writing this post is because I really want to know something from you, my fellow bloggers. I would appreciate if you can share your thoughts. So the question is:
DO YOU BACK READ YOUR POSTS?
After reading PM's blog, I thought, why not read my previous posts? Oh my, I am so bored. LOL. But seriously, I want to know if it gives you the same uncomfortable feeling that it gave me. Does it make you want to put your hands on your face and wonder why did I even write this? LOL Does it makes you want to delete some of the posts because you thought that it was just too much embarrassment information? And, does it makes you think, am I really this weird? LOL.
I seriously want to know. Because after going through my blog, aside from feeling the things above, I realized how much I have grown not just as a blogger, but as a person as well. In spite of all the grammatical errors, missing words in sentences a lot of typos, I figured that no matter how bad your writing may seem or how complicated your blog became, it is really about you expressing yourself in your own language that matters. What is important is that you were able to communicate to the world what you think and feel. Things get way cooler is someone in this crazy blogosphere was able to relate to you, it doesn't matter whether they are with or against you, what values more is that you connect. And, oh, how I love connections.
Do you back read your posts? I think you should. The feeling is comforting. Revisiting the past sometimes is not a good thing, but most of the time it is, because it will make you remember things that you already know but we just tend to forget. :D
Happy Back Reading!  

26 comments:

  1. just write and write .. it doesnt matter if you create sometimes mistakes on ur writing .. wat is important u express it from ur heart :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back reading?...ohh...it happens to me every now and then. Especially when a post is related to something current. Or suited as an advice for a friend's recent rift to someone or a situation problem. I love reading my previous posts to the point of even editing if I see some sentence structure flaws or grammar blunder to that effect. Most of the times, I feel good. I don't know, honest to goodness I just feel good I was able to share to the world my thoughts on that particular time. There you go! hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Parang ako lang ata ang feeling uncomfortable sa pagbabasa ng mga previous posts ko, pero true, it feels good. :D

      Delete
  3. yeah minsan pag nauubusan ako ng gagawin haha dame ko mali peo ok lng haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, nagagawa ng boredom, right? Yeah, it doesn't matter.

      Delete
  4. you are the sweetest, lj. now what else can i hide from you? haha i do back read sometimes like if i feel shitty now i would check out old posts to see how i felt back then. i am not mortified by my past posts but they sometimes give me a headache for they sound so stressed! all in all i think i'm just happy to be in a better place now. PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PM, there is really no need to hide anything. Haha... I also noticed that, in your past posts, I think you are going thru a lot. Well that is i guess because you are so busy with so many things. Yes, I know you are having a blast. Stay cool and have fun.

      Delete
  5. sometimes binabasa ko ulit.. parang gusto ko nga idelete..
    but NO NO NO. hehe, it's nice learning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, dami ko blogs na nakakalat that go way back 6 years ago - sa livejournal, myspace, multiply, wordpress, at dito sa blogspot. nakakatuwa nga balikan yung nakaraan. more than your growth as a writer, mare-realize mo na some of the problems that you face now are the same ones you faced in the past. kaya nakakabigay din ng lakas ng loob :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also noticed that, Justin. History repeating itself is a good wake up call.

      Delete
  7. The last time I read my old blog posts, I ended up deleting my entire blog (but kept the blog domain) and made a new blog in a different blogging platform. A few months later, I did the same thing again and ended up back to blogger and re-opened my old blog. But for my blog right now, thank god the last time I read my old posts I didn't have the urge to go ballistic and push the delete button. Ako nang unstable right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, after reading this, the only thing i thought about is, miko, never read your old posts again. :D

      Delete
    2. I tried to read some old post last night. I found myself smiling, laughing and crying... then had this sudden urge of deleting it. OHHHH NOOOO. Na stress ako ng bonggang-bongga!

      Delete
    3. stop reading your old posts, miko. stop

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is cool, ron. Welcome back sa orange kong mundo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll stop, I'll stop don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will don't worry. I'll read it again kapag 'stable' na ulit ako >.<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha. Tama Jen, mahirap na. Baka mamaya pag nagsimula ka ng bagong blog, ako sisihin mo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ay naku don't worry hindi kita sisisihin! ayoko na rin magpalit ng blog. ayoko na maging unstable. nakakastress lang.

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha... hindi ka naman unstable, minsan talaga dumadating tayo sa stage na yan, nakakapagod lang. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @orangewit:disqus wehell... I am now reading all of my old blog posts. I took it as a dare and to test my sanity. I need to prove something to myself. Balitaan kita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LJ is hoping for the best, hahaha... Sana walang bagong blog na magawa. Saya ng disqus, more reply agad agad. :D :D

    ReplyDelete