Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Great Gatsby

By: F Scott Fitzgerald



When PM said that this book is really a good read, I downloaded the file on the Internet. I was just not sure whether the one I read was the book version because it only has close less than 100 pages. My copy was like the book being used by high school students, it has a discussion part at the end, and like a quiz that definitely you will not see me answering. :D
I read my copy in less than an hour. The book was really an easy read. How the story was plotted will make you stare at your pc and will make you want to finish it right away. That is if you are reading a PDF file. Believe me, I was reading it at the office, and when I started reading it, I finished reading the book first before going back to work. I am a good employee kaya. Haha.
But the book is really cool. The plot is solid, truthful and definitely heartbreaking. Though it was set in the 1920s, you will be able to relate with it. Knowing how mysterious people can get and how society can get so wrong, it feels like the book was just written yesterday.
The story of Mr. Gatsby can happen anywhere, anytime, and to anyone.
Now I can't wait for the movie to show up!
Here is Gatsby, Nice and I guess Daisy on the upcoming movie.

Off Topic: Finally I was able to finish reading something. I am so proud of myself. :D

13 comments:

  1. I guess I saw it in one of the bookstore here but I didn't pay attention to it. Hmmmm...mabalikan ko nga at ma-browse hehe! Seems a good read huh! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It Is Jay, hmm... madali lang siyang basahin, hindi ka mabobored, go find it. :D

      Delete
    2. GFC - is Google Friend Connect..hehehe..nakalista ka na sa akin hehehe..thanks

      Delete
  2. haven't read the book but I'm so looking forward to seeing the movie. looks grandly made! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Ang bongga ng trailer. Ang bongga ng mga eksena at ang yummy ni leo and tobby. :D

      Delete
  3. haha not really into it but ill consider reading maybe one of this day haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reading is really fun. give it a try mecoy.

      Delete
  4. OM >.< Can't wait to see the remake on the big screen. Will also try to download a copy soon. Thanks LJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. better do it now, rei. :D Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. glad you enjoyed the book, lj. i'm looking forward to watching the movie :) PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your suggestion. :)

      Delete
  6. glad you enjoyed the book, lj. i'm looking forward to watching the movie :) PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. got you something special on my blog, LJ, hope you like it! PM

    ReplyDelete