Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Henry’s Story

I am currently reading a book; I haven’t finished it so up to this point I cannot write it on my book blog but something about it really wants me to write something about it now.

The story was all about Henry, a 33 year old gay guy who still hasn’t found the right one. To make things worse for him, everything around him seems to not work. His best friends were getting married. He met Luke, a twink who was really into him however he thought that the twink was after his writer friend. Then he met Gale, a guy who really wants however Gale wants his first male sex experience to last. Yes, Gale was the relationship type. He then met Evan, a guy who has everything he wanted for Mr. Right; however Evan was married with another gay guy. Lastly, he met Martin, someone he met on an unusual circumstance who gave up a 21 year relationship.

All of them were connected to Henry in a weird and complicated way. And what was so frustrating about it, Henry cannot understand why he was still single. He even has moments where he contemplated on how miserable his life is. Because he was in love with his best friend’s fiancé, he still cannot move on with his Exes, and the world seems to be playing a big crazy game on him?

Sounds familiar?

I found the need to close the book and start writing this post because I cannot take this anymore. Have you ever felt that something is giving you a straight on, unforgiving reality check on where you at here in this crazy world? The book just gave me that!

Right now, I really cannot stop getting hard on myself because partly, the book gave me an understanding of the things that I am at. Everything about Henry seems to transcend about my life, my relationships and how shitty I am feeling now. Maybe I have the same ego like Henry, or I have his vision of Mr. Right, or maybe I am still single now.

Damn! It’s hard explaining how the book affected me. Now I remember my friend telling me how fortunate I am and how some people look up to me. That I have a good job, I am smart, and I should be confident about myself and though I may think that I am happy with everything that I have, I still need someone. Though I may think I am happy, part of me, like Henry is still hoping, longing and wanting to pull me up in this madness.

Part of me, like Henry, still wants a happy ending.

Enough of the emo post. :D

11 comments:

  1. + 10 Happy posts LJ..lols!

    focus on the good, not on the better..char! hongsomoh ko..

    basta happy tayo sa now, at sa kung meron tayo, that's more than enough, divey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tse!

      i am doing that, it seems that I was just having a bad day. :)

      Delete
    2. btw, i think i need to borrow this book from you..haha..

      Delete
    3. wag na... baka maemo ka pa. :)

      Delete
  2. oh lj, i think everyone wants to have a happy ending. but i guess sometimes we just have to accept that things end up just the way they are supposed to end up and sometimes it is better if it is not a happy ending. PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. sometimes, you will get to a point that you don't want to accept things. yesterday was one of those days.

      Delete
  3. oh lj, i think everyone wants to have a happy ending. but i guess sometimes we just have to accept that things end up just the way they are supposed to end up and sometimes it is better if it is not a happy ending. PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody wants a happy ending LJ :) There's nothing wrong with that. The road to that, however, is not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true. if there is a way for it to be achieve right away i will risk everything just to be on that road.

      Delete
  5. Story of my life (in a heterosexual sense, that is). Sometimes I envy my lesbian sister for seeming so successful in the dating world. I understand we have the moments of weakness - like when we feel shitty and cry over the thought of us being forever alone. There are good days, though, and I so love it when I'm in my good-day realm that I always think: Single seems like a very long road. But sod it! Gotta enjoy and make the most out of it.

    Here's me still wishing you a happy ending the Henry way! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your comment just hit me straight to the core, it was a moment of weakness, sometimes, we think that we are strong enough to go through everything, and when the time come that we realize how vulnerable we can get. all we have to do is feel shitty.

      thanks, i also wish you the same things, addie!

      Delete