Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Rebellious Hot Boy

Which is a better movie poster?

This will be the second gay film that I will talk about in my blog. It really took me a day to decide whether I should write about it here, but the movie has something on it that is really worth writing, aside from the cute guys of course.

Hot Boy is Vietnam’s first gay film ever! Imagine, its already 2012 and this is just their first gay film. Now Vietnam really got me thinking.

The movie is about male prostitutes (yes, there are prostitutes in Vietnam), a guy who raised ducks, and how hard it is to live in the Paradise known as Saigon.

It is divided into two stories, by the way. The main part concentrated on the story of…

Khoi, a guy from the province who went to Saigon because his family found out about his sexuality. Friends, meet Khoi… :)

 

                                     

When he reached Saigon, he will meet two other prostitutes, Dong and Lam who will steal from Khoi and will leave him broke. Then, Dong will leave Lam with all of Khoi’s money which will make Lam go back to the streets and sell himself.

Dong    Lam

Due to some series of unfortunate events Khoi and Lam will meet again and I will stop here in order for you guys to watch the movie instead. Peace! :)

The movie is really nice. I really love how it show another aspect of Vietnam, far from the Broadway musical that I really love. Knowing that at some aspect, a country is some what the same with the one you are living right now will make you realize how human being can really relate to each other.

I am expecting it to be tragic. Well, it is. Gay Films always have a tragic end but for Vietnam’s first attempt, definitely it is still raw. Seeing some gay films that was created here in the Philippines, definitely, Hot Boy still needs a lot of polishing. Coming from this country, it is really not that scandalous enough, but story wise, it is really good.

How can you watch the movie? Okay, just watch it here. :)

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. orangewit.wordpress.com is no longer available.

    huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... Im sticking with Blogger because I'm crazy.

      Delete
  2. aww. I don't think gay films should always be scandalous. Thanks for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I think I made a mistake there. :D

      Delete
  3. Ang kulet ng movie! Hehehe. Ang tyaga naman ng nag-upload sa YouTube ng movie na yan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me curious about this movie... Gonna make this on top of my list of movies to watch... Have you seen ECupid? I wanna watch it but I couldn't find one working link on the internet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emo, haven't seen it. pero i will make sure that i will check it. :)

      Delete
  5. I saw this movie already directly from Youtube! Hehehe may essence sya ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... essence, well, at least diba. Its nice. Tapos ang hot pa ng bida. :)

      Delete