Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Winning a Lottery

*Post via email*

I read an article about a guy who won 14 million pesos on the lottery and was able to spend it in three months.

My initial reaction was like "wow, this man really knows how to spend his money." When I continued reading his article, it is sad because right now, he is already broke, in debt and has to ask PCSO to pay his hospital bills. Well I am just hoping that he already learned his lesson.

Who doesn't want to win the lottery? My friend and I even talked about the things that we will do if ever we win the pot money. It was crazy. Considering that the jackpot in the lottery now may reach 300M, to kill time, we often fantasize about the things that we will do if ever we won. And every time we do that (believe me, fantasizing about winning the lottery has been a hobby), my answer will always be the same.

If ever I will win 300M in the lottery…

The first thing that I will do once I get the money will be to file for a leave – two months maximum. If ever my company will not allow it, I will just resign then return after two months. haha. I will use the two months to travel the Philippines! From Batanes to… Davao, I will definitely go to all the tourist destinations that you normally see on postcards. It will be an experience that I will never forget.

I will buy a house for myself. Preferably a two bedroom apartment, I will have someone rent the other room so we can share the electricity expense. :D

My friend and I want to maintain how simple our life can get. Though we have the money that we can use to spend on exclusive travel and shopping destinations, we still want to go to work, take a nine to five shift, eat on fast foods and still commute.

I will buy my mom a big house in the province. It should have five rooms where my sisters and I can stay on vacations and holidays. Since it is near the farm, it must have a beautiful garden surrounding it, sunflowers and orange roses will line up towards the front house's porch. Mango trees will serve as shade from the scorching heat. There will be a playground for my nieces and nephews.

Gadgets are really not my thing so I will just ask my techie friends what I shall buy. Haha.

Definitely, I will give a generous amount to the church of St. Jude; I have been a devotee of the church since I was in college. Some amount will go to Bantay Bata and Bantay Kalikasan because I am a big Kapamilya I believe in their advocacies. A portion will also go to a charity organization that helps the old folks, priests that doesn't have a home, and for old PLUs. I will help my High School's library because I know that books can really help someone a lot.

The rest, I will just keep it in a bank, invest on stocks and bonds, and buy a lot in manila where I can have an apartment that people can rent. I also want to have a taxi company, my very own Jollibee, and probably my very own book store.

So far, that is all the things that I've planned.

But until I finally have the guts to even bet and join the lottery, all of this will just be in my head, helping me survive a boring day in the office. haha.

So... What are your plans if ever you win the lottery? I would love to hear them!

Enjoy your Sunday, friends.

10 comments:

  1. I hope your plans don't change once you actually get your hands on it.

    As for your question, I really have no idea. But traveling overseas is definitely on the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa!

      Hi Addie, thanks for dropping by on my page, its really a pleasure having a blogger like you here.

      Me too, definitely travelling abroad is one of the things I will spend on.

      Delete
  2. You gave me an idea what to blog. Heard the news, just a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mugen! Welcome din sa iyo po.

      Sad ano... well its nice that you got an idea from me. Can't wait to see what you write about.

      Delete
  3. Ahh, it was an item by Pinky Webb for TV Patrol last week. It's a sad story.
    .
    .
    Anyway, I don't know the mechanics of the lottery. Haha. But it would me nice to win millions. Maybe the huge slab of it will go to my lolos and lolas at the Anawim Home for the Elderly in Rizal. Haaay. Now, I'm missing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... I believe you have to pick 6 digits then let everything to faith. My teacher in high school computed how much you have to shell out in order to make sure you win, around billions maybe. i cant remember.

      A house on an island is nice, exciting and enchanting all at the same time.

      Thanks for dropping by. Im thrilled to have you here.

      Delete
  4. 300M... darn... that's a lot of money! With that amount, I'll secure my future, my parents and my sisters'. Put them in several banks, some in time deposit. A portion will be used to buy shares in several companies. Of course, between those things, I'll spend some for something a little less serious ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, its a lot. Kahit 2 pa kaming manalo, hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko dun. :D

      apir sa spending for something less serious.

      Delete
  5. sakin lj di ka ba magdodonate? haha naisip ko ang daming tao na gusto manalo sa lotto tapos hindi naman lhat tumataya, parang ako! haha pero dati i dreamed of winning 100M sa lotto. pag nag 100M nga makataya tapos libre kita haha PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. papakainin nalang kita sa jollibee ko! hahaha...

      Totoo yan, ako ilang beses ko ng naisip kung ano ang gagawin ko pag nanalo ako sa lotto pero hindi ko pa na try tumaya. PAk!

      Delete