Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Sendong

Living alone, I opted not to get a television at my place. Aside from it will just consume much space; the television is really a good distraction. It will eat too much of your time which I’d rather use to sleep. I am also not fond of the kind of shows that are in season today. I watch GLEE and ANTM on the internet cafĂ© which is way better, because I can watch it without commercials and I can play it over and over again.

Since I really don’t watch that much TV shows, basically, I am clueless with what is happening. Most of the news that I knew, I read it online or probably someone posted it on Facebook.

When I went online this morning, this was the only thing on the news.

 

How depressing. There were more upsetting photos however I will not be able to handle it.  No wonder its been for the past days, because there was a storm somewhere.

News said that its chasing Ondoy in terms of the number of casualties. Oh my, oh my, I hope Ondoy will just remain on top and maintain its title.

Most were killed because of the flash floods, tsk tsk… We should really get serious with taking care of Mother Nature.

I think right now is the best time to really pray for all those who have suffered because of Sendong. Aside from prayers, we should start helping them.

********************
You can help!

For more information on how to make things easier for our Kababayan in Mindanao, please click this.

You can also donate through Red Cross using your phones. Just text RED [space] amount of donation and send to 2899 (Globe) o 4143 (Smart). The donation will either be deducted on your load or added on your bill.

For your donations in kind, @moonleafteashop's Sendong relief box. Share the love here at their shop:103 Maginhawa St., Quezon City. After dropping your donation, have a Milk Tea!

Common, its Christmas. :)



1 comment:

  1. when i saw that on t.v i pose for a while called my parents and sigh* thats the reality when natures strikes,and its heart breaking cause children's counts also on the casualties,and some of the fam members cant fly or sail cause of the typhoon but thankful enough their ok...

    ReplyDelete