Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Report Card 2011

I got the idea from Gillboard. It was a boring night in the office and my eyes got sleepy reading Sherlock Holmes’ “The Valley of Fear.” Also, this will be my first time doing this. Grading myself makes me nervous. I know it’s really narcissistic, but if I will not do this I will not have anything that will show if I grow or if there is any possibility if I’ve improved.

Let me tell you how it works first, I will grade myself in five aspects, like what Gillboard did. The six criteria (wow!) will be career, social life, love life, blog life, health and savings. Grades will be like the number that is shown on a normal report card, highest will be 100%, and lowest will be 75%. Fair enough. Grading will take place annually. Since this will be my first time doing this, the results will be my standard for next year.

With these criteria, I really have to use my QA skills this time. I have to be complacent, analytical, objective enough, and just rely on factual observations.

Here we go.

CAREER 90%

Basically, I did well this year. I already consider it an achievement staying on a company for two years. Yeah, before I have thoughts of resigning, and just go back to the Call Center Industry where definitely the salary is greater. But, I was able to stay.

I am also thinking how I was able to do it. I know that what I am getting now is way below than what I use to get before, but there are certain things in my company now that really make me stick with it. Aside from the bonuses being evenly distributed throughout the year, I guess what makes me stay is, unlike my job before, I don’t feel that I am stuck. Every day, I am learning something. Work is also easy. There will be days where I will be busy; hence, petiks is also abundant.

I think I just start aiming for a promotion in order to increase my grade next year.

SOCIAL LIFE 85%

I made a lot of friends this year. Aside from that, I was able to establish really good relationships with my clan mates, office mates both here and abroad, and my housemates. Definitely, I was still the shy kid who gets awkward in social occasions however gaining my friends and having them understand my moods and attitude is already bliss.

LOVE LIFE 78%

I know I fail with this one. This past year, I am single. Though it was really my choice, I know I could have done better. I could have gone out on dates, be friendly to people who showed interests on me, yadah yadah yadah. But, being this way makes me better.

A friend once said that being single is not a problem that needs to be solved. I think I just have to rely on that for the meantime.

BLOG LIFE 98%

I know I aced this. Haha. From almost not blogging, to having 15 wonderful followers, above 5000 hits, and greater than 100 posts, I am really proud of myself. This is really starting to be an I-Love –Myself post. Haha.

Though I know I still have a lot to improve. I know my blogging skills is not that superb, maybe I need to really learn how to edit my page, or do better on my writing skills, I should also get my own camera and maybe stop blogging on a computer shop. haha!

Makauwi na nga ng Sariaya, makuha na ang laptop!

SAVINGS 75%

I failed. I will definitely start on this aspect next year. Maybe I should stop indulging on good food and wonderful books. Haha. Enough said. :p

HEALTH 80%

Probably, if I don’t smoke, my grade will be higher. But I am still not ready to give it up yet, promise, I will work on it next year.

I was also sent to a hospital this year because of stress related chest pain. I will definitely work on not getting that serious with things.

Aside from that, all my sickness was reasons to party. Yeah, baby!

Now I have to average my score, this part makes me nervous. :)

AVERAGE: 84.33%

Whew, I thought I will fail big time, but this is good enough.

It’s nice doing this. It was scary at first but it’s comforting. Knowing how well and poor you did, and understanding what you have to work on in the coming year calms my nerves.

Right now, there is no other way but to go up.

Thanks Gillboard for the amazing idea! Your turn, how well did you do this year?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! It's my first time here. :) I'm thinking of doing this too. Kaya lang nakahiatus ako ng malupit, at di ko alam pano na mag-blog. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hello Yow... Welcome sa mumunti kong blog. :) Kaya mo yan... Sa u nga ako natuto we. :)

    ReplyDelete