Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Last week before I took my off, my officemate send me the PDF file of this book. I know Mitch Albom sounds familiar, so I immediately looked for more information about him. Thanks to Wiki, I found out that he was the one who wrote Tuesdays with Morrie, a book I’ve read when I was still in High School.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom

I know that the book will teach a lot of lessons. Basing it on what I’ve read about Tuesdays with Morrie, I know that Albom’s new book will be well written, and it will be a book about life.

The Five People You meet in Heaven focused on Eddie, a Circus Maintenance guy who died on an accident. After he dies, he met five people, the blue guy, his Captain, Ruby, his wife, and the Filipina Child, Tala. Each person will teach him five important things, how human beings are connected, sacrifices, forgiveness, the essence of true love, and our purpose here on earth.

What I love the book aside from the lessons that it will teach you, some part of it was set here in the Philippines. I love Tala’s character and her importance in Eddie’s life. There were also parts of the book that really shocked me, like when the Captain died. I never see it coming. After I read the part, I immediately went on break just to smoke, it was just too much.

The five lessons that Eddie learned while he was on heaven is very important. I’ve realized that there are certain things that we will be things that we will learn as we grow however it is important to know these five things. We have to understand how our faith is intertwined; we have to know that sometimes, what is beneficial for us might be heartbreaking for someone else. We must not be selfish. In life, we also have to learn how to sacrifice and forgive. Love encompasses everything, even death, so it is important that we always show sincerity when we love somebody. Lastly, no matter how tough things can get, sometimes we will get fed up with the things that are happening around us, we must not fret. One way or another, we are beneficial to somebody.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven really started my week right. It gave me that boost of positive energy to welcome the week with such optimism and glee.

5 comments:

  1. ang aga naman... salamat chester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incidentally, I am currently reading Albom's Have a Little Faith. Maganda but I'm still a Tuesdays with Morrie fan haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first Albom I read. Keri naman. Weird lang yung Filipino character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nortehanon, hello po! Kamusta? I'm planning to read that na din. Salamat sa pagdaan ha. :)

    @Nyl, yeah, gusto niyang paliguan siya ni eddie, hahaha... parang phedophile. :)

    ReplyDelete