Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 2: The Guilt With Books

Day 02 — Not including food, blogging or television, my most guilty pleasure (this includes chocolate)

A housemate approached me the other day because he saw me reading in our house’s common area. He said if it was okay for him to borrow some of my books. Since he was cute, I gave his the sweetest “sure” possible. Smile 

He was surprised with what he saw.

Since I was sharing a room with three other people and the space is really limited, I keep all of my books in a collapsible box that I got from Divisoria. He just said, “wow, talagang binibili mo yan? Ang hilig mo siguro talagang magbasa. (Wow, you really buy your books? You really love to read, huh.)”

Every time someone give me that expression, I just told them, “oh, not much, I am just reading so I will be able to do something.” Sometimes, being a book lover is an intimidating thing, I don’t know why.

But honestly, I love books. I love reading. As of writing this, I am reading two books, the first one, I read at home, it is about a Korean Queen. The other book, I read in the office. Yes, I read in the office. Multitasking 101. Open-mouthed smile

Maybe people are fond of going to the malls or partying but I love the idea that you will just sit somewhere with hot coffee and a good book.

18 comments:

  1. Buti ka pa mahilig magbasa. Ako, mas gusto kong nararanasan ang mga bagay-bagay. Makipagbuno sa kapalaran at makipagpatintero sa kalsada. Ayoko ng napapako sa isang lugar. Magkaiba talaga tayo, friend. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, wala na tayong magagawa dun kaibigan. :)

      Delete
  2. i love reading too lj. most days it makes me look nerdy but i really don't give a damn. and hats off for that cute boy talking to you. PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know what, i also get that a lot of times. People think i am a nerd because I love books, and I also dont give a damn. :)

      Delete
  3. I am having difficulty reading books lately. I even shutdown my net for a week just to read a book but no avail. How am I going to revert back to my book-loving self? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. para namang pang ms universe ang tanong. hahaha...

      Anyways, I think you have to really be interested in the book in order for you to read it. dati, i even do my research before I read something for example, the girl with the dragon tattoo.

      Well, i know you can do it elmer, stop muna sa ragna! Chos!

      Delete
  4. I have very intelligent participants in the 30 day challenge! So many book lovers. Where does everyone find the time to read! It sounds more like a proud pleasure and not a guilty pleasure. Good for you LJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you really are a reader. I know a lot of bloggers who are fan-readers, which makes it a guilty pleasure.

    I'm not really a reader. I think my likes depend on the company.. But one time, I enjoyed that, too. Books over coffee and small talk.. such an eerie and melancholic memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe.. I hope you will get back to reading, books really miss you joe.

      Delete
  6. I love reading books too kaya lang naging sobrang antukin ko lately na di ako makatapos. buti ka pa, nakaka 2 books pang sabay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zai, ganun ako kaweird. hahaha. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh, come on! Nobody! I repeat, NOBODY! should feel guilty reading books. It's the coolest thing ever. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Addie!

      I know naman. However, madaming epal lang sa planet earth who will judge you because you are a book lover. Ewan ko ba. :d

      Delete
  8. I love books. I once dream of being a librarian and own a library... that was the time ata nung ayaw akong pumayag ang mommy ko na maging isang manicurist ako. ehehehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. buti di ka naging parlorista jenni! ako, i dream of having a bookstore. hindi ako pwede sa library, bawal kasi maingay doon we. :D

      Delete