Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 08: The Starry Starry Night

Though I am not really familiar with any art works, I love arts. When I found out that Day 08 will talk about expensive art things, I was close to panicking because I rarely know any.

Good thing this song played on my phone, finally I have an answer. Open-mouthed smile

For Day 08, the question was:

Day 08 — If I could afford it, the piece of famous artwork you would find in my home is…

Definitely it will be Vincent Van Gogh’s work!

And Don McLean’s song is really the reason why I want it. I love the idea of having the two Starry Starry Nights painting at my house. One will be above my bed’s headboard, the other will be on its opposite side.

The Starry Night, June 1889 (Source)

Starry Night Over the Rhone, 1888 (Source)

Shala, right?

3 comments:

  1. Me too. I'd love to have a Van Gogh or a Renault piece as soon as I become rich enough to afford expensive paintings. Meanwhile, I'll first make do with the imitations they sell at the local markets. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh em... san may pirated copy ng van gogh, bibili ako ng 100 hahahaha... :D

      Delete
  2. Nice choice of Van Gough. I'm also not into painting, hanggang 'appreciate-the-thing-because-its-colorful/mysterious' kind lang. And in the other hand, I like anything with stars! It give me this unexplainable kilig :D

    ReplyDelete