Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 06: The Cooking Disaster

Day 06: My worst cooking disaster involved _____________ and this person/these people…

Quick post.

It’s really hard thinking the best cooking disaster that I should post. Cooking has never been a talent, so definitely, if you will ask me to do something related to a stove, there will be a disaster. But there is a particular incident that I always remember.

When I was ten, my mom told me to watch the rice cook. She told me that she will just go to the market to buy ingredients for a viand. She promised that she will be quick. I really felt excited doing that, finally, my mom trusted me with something. Her instruction was clear, once I see the rice boil, I will make the stove’s fire run on low just wait for the rice to cook. Pretty easy right?

My mom left and I was on our kitchen waiting for the pot to boil. The problem was I never know how long should I wait. I look at the pot and noticed that nothing was happening. I noticed that the fire isn’t turned on high, and I know that for water to boil quickly, it should reach its boiling point. So what I did was to turn the know on maximum so the water will boil quickly.

I then heard my youngest sister cried, and since I was the oldest, I checked on her. When I went to the living room, I saw my three sisters watching TV, the elder two were laughing and the youngest was crying on a McDonalds commercial. She was covering her eyes and crying horribly because she doesn’t love clowns that much. Blame it on the clown that terrified her on my 7th birthday party. So what I did, I turned the TV off which make the two other children cried with the youngest. I told them to be quiet because I was doing something however they don’t stop, so I have no choice but to turn the TV on and prayed that McDonalds will never show up on the screen.

Then I noticed that all of my notebooks were scattered at the living room. My sisters have this habit of playing with my school stuff, they draw on every notebook that I have, break all of my crayons into two and remove all of the erasers on my pencil. However that time, what they did was worst. They tore the books pages and I really can’t help but be upset. But since they were kids, all I can do was fix my stuff and hide my bag somewhere in the room.

Suddenly, something smell weird, something was burning. I then remembered the rice cooking so without much hesitation I ran to the kitchen checked on the pot and there it is. The rice cooking doesn’t have any water on it and the rice grains doesn’t look good, it looks hard. It already have a brownish color on the sides, the pot was also black and I really don’t know what to do.

Good thing my mom arrived and when she found out what happened, I know I was in trouble. However, she just laugh at me and kept on telling me that it was okay and what I did was way better than the first time she cooked rice. :D

The next day, she just bought a rice cooker so the incident will never happen again.

10 comments:

  1. LOL -- cooking rice is on my list too. I think I need to get a rice cooker too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cooking rice is one of the hardest thing to master.

      Delete
  2. beat you with this one lj. i can cook rice manually! i'm so proud! LOL PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow... you should be, very good for you PM!

      Delete
  3. While I was reading the story I had a strong suspicion your mother would not be too mad. After all taking care of your sister was more important than the meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, Tom. I thought she will get mad or anything, but she will always be the sweetest.

      Delete
  4. haha funny story :) di nagalit mama mo kasi binantayan mo naman mga kapatid mo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. buti naman napangiti ka ng mumunting post ko zaizai! :D

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to try cooking rice on the stove. Lately ko lang yan natutunan pero sumamblay din ako. Mabuti na lang ang naimbento ang Rice Cooker. Mabuhay ang rice cooker! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. long live, hindi ko din alam kung anong gagawin ko kung walang rice cooker! :D

      Delete