Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 24: The Voice

When I saw the question for today, I was like, Dang, why did I answer the alternate question so early? Haha!

Day 24 — Given the choice between having to live the rest of my life without my voice, or living the rest of my life without the ability to hear, I would choose…

Good thing that losing my eyesight forever is not part of the options, because for sure, this will be more difficult to answer.

Ever since I started working, my voice has been one of my most precious possessions. Some say I really sound good over the phone and a couple of drunken friends mentioned that I sing well. It will be sad not being able to speak. Knowing how talkative and opinionated I can get, surely, it will be hell.

But I guess being incapable of hearing is tougher because some of the great things that a person can experience are being transmitted to the brain using your ears. A baby’s first words, the sound of birds in the forest, waves crashing on the shore, and music, it will be harder not being able to experience this things.

And since I really cannot live without music, I’d rather live the rest of my life without my voice.

As much as it hurts, I think I can still express myself even though I cannot speak. Probably, I will just write somewhere if I need to say something, or use the power of body language if I want to voice out a thought. At least, I still have my ears to understand someone. I can still watch Smash and listen to its songs and just sing on my head. I wonder how I will look if ever you caught me doing such. Maybe I will just look for a job that doesn’t require speaking – I think I can be a chat support representative somewhere. haha!

Now I realized how fortunate I am. Aside from I can still do both, I still have other senses to help me experience life on a happier note!

8 comments:

  1. we can't choose which one we would wanted to have, if time let us choose. but the thing is God is so good- he gives us everything we need. thanks for our senses..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tim! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, God is really generous that he give us our senses. And if we lack one, he will really compensate. :D

      Delete
  2. You did a lot of good thinking for this response. Interesting choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this question really helped appreciate what we do have. it is kind of weird shedding one sense! but we're on the same boat. i'd rather shut it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this question really helped appreciate what we do have. it is kind of weird shedding one sense! but we're on the same boat. i'd rather shut it! lj i can't comment with WP again. T_T PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your comment went thru, i hope the problem will be fixed. T_T

      Delete